Made from 100 % recycled polyester
From Gutermann Creativ:
The raw material for these environmentally-friendly threads is provided by recycled beverage bottles made of 100 % PET (polyethylenterephtalate). The collected PET bottles are washed in different stages, shredded into so-called flakes and melted.
The special advantages of the sewing threads made from rPET lie in the recycled raw material. Less energy is required to manufacture the raw material and the CO² emissions are significantly reduced – this conserves the environment and saves natural resources.
The microfilaments that are obtained from the granulate then form the basis for production of the sewing threads.
Thanks to the Micro Core Technology ®, environmentally-friendly sewing threads with excellent sewing properties can be produced with the existing production facilities and processes.
The reels for the sewing threads made from rPET are made of 100 % polystyrol (PS) and can be collected in single varieties, and then disposed of in an environmentally-friendly manner in the recycling points provided in towns and cities.
- For all fabrics and seams
- For sewing machines and sewing by hand
- For closing and quilting seams
- For overlock and safety seams
- For buttonholes and sewing on buttons
- For delicate embroidering stitching and decorative seams
- Recommended needle size: universal needle NM 80–90
- Art.: 723860
- Strength: No. 100
- Shade selection: 50 shades