From Twig + Tale:
Sew a comfortable, easy-to-wear, gathered or pleated skirt with just the right amount of swish. With gorgeous deep pockets and plenty of options to choose from, this is a versatile, go-to skirt for every occasion. Gathers or pleats are strategically placed between the pockets to reduce fullness over the hips, and the contoured, flat-front waistband with channeled elastic back creates a perfect fit. Suitable for both knit and woven fabrics.
Bonus: A stretch knit sensory waistband is included for an extra-soft wearing option, along with a contoured pregnancy waistband too.
- Lightweight wovens: linen, cotton, chambray, double gauze, muslin, lawn, viscose rayon.
- Midweight wovens suit the shorter lengths better: pinwale cord, velveteen, drill, quilting cotton. For a special occasion skirt try satin, chiffon, or silk.
- Lightweight knits: modal, merino, jersey. Thicker weights such as French terry are not suitable.
- Choice of front gathers or pleats
- Waistband options: flat-front + elastic back, or stretch knit "sensory" waistband
- Deep, functional pockets
- Four lengths: above knee, knee-length, below knee, maxi
- Optional ties
- Specially-designed maternity option which can also be worn postpartum