From Cashmerette Patterns:
Feel secure, supported, and self-assured in a Willowdale Bra! The Willowdale is a full frame underwire bra with a 4-piece cup design for vital support and lift in a beautifully rounded shape. The Willowdale is designed specially for larger busts (with over 120 sizes to help you get the perfect fit) and includes full lace and half lace options for low- to no-stretch fabrics. The stretch lace upper cup molds to your boobs' unique shape and accommodates differences in boob size.
View A has a stretch lace upper cup and solid body, while View B features an all-over lace design with an optional decorative lace edge on the bottom band. Both views include lined cups with enclosed seams, a power mesh back and adjustable straps.
Created by curvy sewing experts and bra-making professionals, you can trust the Willowdale to look magnificent while supporting you all day long.
The Willowdale Bra is available in PDF only and includes all sizes (28C-54J).
This Cashmerette pattern includes:
- 14 band sizes (28-54) and 9 cup sizes (C-J) for 126 separate sizes
- Step-by-step instructions for choosing your ideal bra size
- A beautifully illustrated and detailed instruction booklet to guide you no matter your sewing level
- Bra making resources and our bra fitting guide available on our blog
Recommended Fabric: The Willowdale Bra can be made using the same fabric for the main and lining, or it can be lined using a lighter weight lining fabric with similar stretch properties. Consult the pattern's instruction booklet for the specific elastic and notions needed for your bra size.
- Main fabric & lining: Lightweight fabric with low stretch (Maximum 20% in one direction only, also known as 2 way stretch), such as low stretch 40 denier nylon tricot or a low stretch poly/lycra fabric. This results in good support with some flexibility and is easier to fit.
- Back band: Mid-weight stretch fabric with up to 50% stretch, such as nylon/spandex power mesh.
- Lace: Stretch lace with at least 20% stretch, with decorative edging (scallops), at least 6” (15 cm) wide for view A, and at least 8” (20 cm) wide for view B.
Sizes: Band sizes 28 to 54 and cup sizes C, D, DD, E, F, G, H, I, and J; includes full bust 31"-65" (79-165 cm) and underbust 28"-55" (72-142 cm).
Note: Cashmerette bra sizing is calculated in a different way to standard Cashmerette garment sizing. Your Cashmerette bra size may also be different from your ready-to-wear bra size. Use the bra size guide (also included in the Willowdale pattern instructions) to determine your ideal starting size.
- Rachel (pink & black) is wearing a size 38H. Her measurements are 47" full bust and 37.5" underbust.
- Brittany (floral & white) is wearing a size 30G. Her measurements are 38" full bust and 30" underbust.